Sunday, July 30, 2006

BluesPoetry

BluesPoetry


Violins of violence
Saxiphones of sexual enuendos
Tubas for blue light specials
Mustard and relish on white bread
Guns but no roses on July 4th
Death comes but once a lifetime
I once bought a paper poppy from a Vet
Said it was to remember the heros
I remember all the time I was there
Among the shooting and the bravery
Among the bombs and dawns early light
In the blood and guts and the bandages
The screems and the death in darkness
Don't let me die in the daylight or in the rain
I don't want to be c-old but put a gold coin on my eyes
Sing St. James Infirmary or sing a haiku
Read my poem I wrote for you
I like chocolate more than sex with you
I get this blue feeling from being in the room
Bombs away let the hulas sway it's a sunny day
Your noise is disturbing and like silence it's deafing
The green grass is to much just give me dusty desert
Hues of blue skies and green chili ,muddy roads and sun sun sun

No comments: